We are completing the FRESH MARKET cafe’ in Tupelo, Ms this week. I’m very excited about their opening. We have gone through a lot to get there, but it has been a great experience. We were given a building that, in any other circumstance, would be a tear down situation. It was a mess! A big one. It had been a fast food restaurant and ignored for a year or two after it closed. I will tell you about the phases of this exciting but crazy project. This first photo, if I can find it, is the way we found the building.
This is actually showing the “good” side of the building.
We did reuse the structure. Gutted the interior and started over. So I suppose one would call this an adoptive reuse? Maybe not. But it is a very good “redo”.
I hope you enjoy the journey.
- Meal That Changed Girl’s Life Forever (huffingtonpost.com)
- DRAFT: Cafes (alicebody.com)
- Lexington considers sweepstakes cafes (myfox8.com)
- Car-Converted Cookers – The Exhaust Burger Grills Slabs of Meat While Driving (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Look of the Day: Catch at the Cafe (fabsugar.com)
- Bean around the World: 12 Quirky Coffeehouses to Get Your Caffeine on (theflyingfugu.com)
- Bottomless champagne special at Cafe Caprice in Camps Bay (lipglossismylife.com)